Factors To Consider When Shopping For A Planter Vancouver
If tired of the same old look in your backyard or the balcony, taking on some landscaping can help give it a facelift. One of the best ways to transform an aesthetically famished landscape is by planting some vegetables to give it a boost. All you need is a planter or two to make it happen. You however need to choose the right planter for the project to work.
Getting the right planter has always been a tremendous challenge for many homeowners. With the many options available on the market today, it is quite easy for one to go for the wrong planter. Knowing what to look for when shopping for a planter can however help you find and choose the right planter for your plants. Discussed below are some of the important factors to consider when shopping for a planter for landscaping needs in Vancouver.
Consider the Size
The size of the planter will determine whether or not your plants will thrive. It would therefore be best for you to find the right and adequately sized planter for your plants. The planter should be capable of holding enough soil to support root growth and be properly aerated as well. To be on the safe side, choose a planter half the size of the plant. This should provide the plant with adequate space for root development and growth.
Drainage and Aeration
Plants need adequate oxygen supply for root growth and overall health. The only way to ensure the roots get enough oxygen is by making sure the planter is well aerated. Look out for planters with enough drainage holes, or made of breathable materials which help prevent water logging. An inadequately drained planter will only lead to waterlogging hence cause the roots to start rotting. Wood planters are considerably the best, though you can still get properly designed clay or fiberglass-made ones.
The overall weight of the planter (with the plants, soil, and water) should be considered when deciding on the best one for your garden, balcony, or deck. If the planter is too heavy, then mobility becomes an issue, which could also lead to breakage especially if it is made of clay or wood. It would therefore be advisable to go for a lighter planter.
Advantages of Buying From a Wholesaler
1. Wide selection to choose from: Wholesalers provide access to a wide range of planters to choose from in their inventory. This makes it much easier for one to choose a planter based on his/her specific needs. The availability of a wide range of planters also gives you better buying decisions.
2. Affordability: Wholesale prices are significantly much lower and more affordable as compared to retail prices. Ordering your planter from a wholesaler can see you save you some money in discount.
3. Home delivery: You can make an order and have the planter delivered to your doorstep hassle-free. Wholesalers operate on a platform that makes it possible for clients to make custom orders and have the same delivered within the shortest time possible.
4. Vast knowledge and experience: Most of the planter wholesalers in Vancouver have been in business for quite some time, hence experienced in the same. The vast knowledge and expertise give them an edge over retailers who probably have very little experience on the same.
5. Customer service: The beauty of buying from a wholesaler is that there's always a customer support staff ready to help you through the way. Going through a responsive customer support also makes it possible for you to make a more informed decision on the purchase.